10 Ways to Eat a Potato (and Just a Potato) for Dinner
I love food and I especially love potatoes!
Here are 10 yummy meals recommended by The Kitchn:
• 1. Last night’s leftovers. Got some flank steak left over from fajitas? A little stir fry? Spoon it on top of a baked potato and drizzle on some sauce to add moisture. Almost anything goes.
• 2. Shredded chicken and spiked yogurt or sour cream. Take a handful of shredded rotisserie chicken (or leftovers; see above) and add some sour cream mixed with seasonings. Garlic powder, chili powder, smoked paprika all work. Sprinkle on some parsley for color.
• 3. Chili or stew. If you made a huge batch of chili and are getting tired of eating it day after day, this is one way to mix things up.
• 4. Black beans, avocado, and salsa. A combination similar to this lunch. Think of it as a Mexican potato.
• 5. Steamed broccoli and a good cheddar cheese. Classic pairing for a potato—for a reason! We love potatoes with broccoli and salsa (or broccoli and sour cream), too.
• 6. Hummus and chopped tomato. Maybe a bit unconventional, but we think the creamy hummus mashed into a potato would be really good. You just need something else for texture, like some chopped tomatoes or cucumber.
• 7. Bacon and egg. The potato is like your hash browns. Just top it with any type of egg and some crunchy bacon pieces.
• 8. Shredded pork and grainy mustard. If you braise a huge pork shoulder, you’re bound to have extra. This is a great way to use it, and the mustard adds good flavor.
• 9. Roasted vegetables. A good mix of peppers, onions, squash, zucchini, or root vegetables would be great. We’d also add some yogurt mixed with cumin or curry.
• 10. Sweet potato with greens and parmesan. An all-time favorite in our house. Collard greens are the best; their slightly bitter flavor is so good with the sweet potato.